Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Up and Out!



Tuesday Afternoon 2:00 pm. Off the island – sitting dockside at Lilly’s in Isla Colon, live guitar music drifting in from another restaurant, a big virgin margarita. The other have wandered off to explore town. I don’t need to, I’ve seen  enough of these places. A real Key West feel with a little latin flavor - drifters, surfers, expats, the usual mix at end-of-the-line places like this. I am content to sit here, reflect and write. It’s also nice to be by myself for a bit. I have been with these guys for the past 9 days continuously and I am not used to such intense communality. Next step is to get to the airport for a 4:45 flight down to Panama City. The group flies out tomorrow morning at 7 am but I have scheduled an extra day there to see the canal and the Bridge of the Americas. The other big thing on my agenda is to find a laundromat and do my wash. For one week I wore two pair of shorts (one work, one “dress white” for dinner), three shirts, and one pair of socks. The socks have stayed on Isla Popa. I have contemplated going for a spin in the machine myself. We are all looking forward to hot showers and fresh clothes once we get to Panama City. I have loaded all the photos from camera to computer and am going to start getting a few up here.


  The Work Site  ( aka the Rancho or the pavilion) Before.

The Work Site after with Ramon and Kyle and New Tanks in Background

More to Folloe

1 comment: