Wednesday, January 21, 2015

A Walk in the Neighborhood - Panama City. Plenty of Pics

So, after seeing the canal, I headed back for another night at the hostel. My team had gone home and the room I was in had seven beds. One of them was given to a new guest, a young Mexican college student named Joel. Nice enough kid. He went out pretty early and must have stayed out pretty late. I went to sleep and never heard him come in. I got up early Thursday and used the morning to see just a little bit more of my neighborhood near Ancon Hill. I will not bore you with details. If interested see the Wikipedia entry for this feature of the Panama Canal. At the foot of Ancon Hill are the offices of the Panama Canal Administration, which features architecture that harkens back to an earlier era. I've also tossed in some random interesting touristy photos just because I liked them. And yeah, I even managed to get a haircut.
Freshly Clipped!

Water level dropping inside lock.

Lock gates being opened.

Ship now advances out of lock. Note pairs of electric mules.

I included this shot to provide a sense of scale of these vessels. Note the two cement mixer trucks in the center of the hold.

Abandoned Army-Navy YMCA, Ancon Hill, Panama City

No, not Woodstock dude. Panamanian bus

View of Ancon Hill

Admin Building Plaza

Admin Building

View from top steps of Admin Building


2 comments: