Wednesday, January 21, 2015

On To Belize - More Pics

After finishing my walking tour, I quickly repacked and got the van to the airport. Left Panama City with a layover in San Salvador, El Salvador then up to Belize City, Belize. After a bit of unexpected delay boarded a puddle jumper flown by Maya Air. I believe MAYA is an acronym for "May Arrive Yet Anyday". At any rate we got under way, and after two more stops (I swear I thought I was on the Number 4 train in the Bronx) I landed in Placencia where Gail was waiting for me at the airport. I have now been here just shy of a week. We have ziplined through the rainforest, visited the Mayan ruins at Nim Li Punit, toured a cacao plantation where we hand ground our own chocolate (really amazing how great it tastes fresh) and did some awesome snorkeling. Placencia is another one of those end-of-the-line feeling places that Jimmy Buffet sings about, sort of like Isla Colon. Weird animals, vibrant colors and some stuff you just can't quite find word for...





WTF???




1 comment: