Sunday, October 9, 2016

Twilight in the Tropics

One of the things that is seldom appreciated by folks in higher latitudes is how quickly evening descends the closer one gets to the equator. There has been a slow gentle rain falling since earlier which kept me from my swim. I have been here in the room either getting things prepared, writing emails or doing postings. A few little glitches remain to be smoothed out. The room is small but comfortable and adequate.




The restaurant is part of the central courtyard and is outside, but covered. It begins serving dinner at 6 and I am quite hungry. Aside from the nourishing bag of pretzels on the plane I haven't eaten today so dinner (whatever it may be) will be well received. I think after that I will crash. Yeah. I think so.

3 comments:

  1. Paul so glad you made it and hope that you have eaten a good meal and are getting some rest. I'm really looking forward to your posts and so curious about how the trip will go. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul so glad you made it and hope that you have eaten a good meal and are getting some rest. I'm really looking forward to your posts and so curious about how the trip will go. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to following your adventures in Nicaragua. Hope the GPS works.

    ReplyDelete