Monday, October 10, 2016

Itinerary - Day 1

Buenas Dias Amigos!

Dinner last night was wonderful. Simple, tasty, filling.

Soup - Cold Gazpacho Andaluz


Salad - Nicoise

Entre - Grilled Chicken in an Orange Sauce, White Rice, Steamed Vegetables


Now, to be fair, I was hungry, but it was delicious. I have never had a piece of chicken prepared in this type of sauce. Lovely, tangy orangey flavor. If one of the better restaurants in our area had this it would be a signature dish. No jive.

So, now that I am rested it's time to set things in motion. Time for bullet poimts
1. Light breakfast
2. Arrange car rental
3. Contact Edrulfo Rodriguez and Jairo Zelaya, my local hosts in Jinotega and Sasle, respectively
4. Repack and load car
5. Familiarize myself with travel plans and my GPS unit
6. Shove off (hopefully by 11 am local time)
7. First stop - Nostalgia de Nicaragua Cigar shop
8. Second stop - Estancia Don Francisco, Jinotega

Once I get there I am not sure whether I will try to head up to Sasle or just stay put. Part of that will depend on Jairo and Edrulfo.

See you later - wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment