Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Odds & Ends - 2

During my exploratory perambulation around Jinotega yesterday I passed a number of churches. Not a rare event in Latin America. But something about one of them caught my eye and compelled both a photograph and this entry.



Now, is it my imagination, or is that the Led Zeppelin logo stenciled on the doors? Is this "The First Church of ZOFO?".  Is this the REAL  "Stairway to Heaven"? I mean, I liked their stuff back in the day, but I have not been impressed that their music has held up well over the past 35 years. Still, seeing the logo on a church struck me as singularly unusual. I fully expected to go inside and  see...
 Image result for jimmy page

It's ok. He wasn't there. (With a tip of my hat to Bob Malfetano and the infamous "Bob Dylan in Changuinola" entry from the first year).

2 comments: