Monday, December 22, 2014

Suspended Animation

Two weeks to go - all the major arrangements seem to be in place. The past two weeks have been an absolute madhouse, what with all sorts of Holiday events and social gatherings. I am lookling forward to spending two weeks in Panama working and catching up on rest!

On a slightly more serious note, I am humbled by the great generosity of spirit I see in so many people I know - how many of you have invited me into your lives and treat me like family at this time of year - reminds how fortunate and blessed I am. Special notes of Thanks to Bob and Christine M. whose generous gift will send Gail and me out for a lovely recuperation dinner in Rhinbeck when I return, Chris and Beth for the amazing technotreestand (yes, all one word, and yes, can double as a cat-restraint and bathing device, see photos below) and the ever lovably eccentric Kelsey who made a donation to EWB in my honor as a Christmas gift - you all amaze me!!!

Honorable mention goes to my erstwhile radio co-host (the "click" to my on-air "clack") Ron Hanovice for the carry-on water filter jug that resemble a blue gasoline jerry can and the wonderful Sam and Stefanie from Grand Street for the awesome treasure chest of indispensable items I will need on my journey.
Well, preparations continue...

No comments:

Post a Comment